Proton BWF Thomas & Uber Cup 2010

It has been quite sometime that I'd not step my foot into a badminton court. It's great that my comeback to badminton court is to Stadium Putra witnessing the battle of Thomas Cup which held last weekend. This time is quite unique as I brought along my gear (Camera) to the court instead of bringing in a racket and challenge for a win.

Good fortunes comes straight to me as I was given this pass to shoot the players from the court area. With the help of my 70-300mm, this is just nice. No flashes are to be used during the whole competition as this might affect the player's attention. Anyhow, the lighting around the court was superb and gives photomans a good brightness that we are all hoping for. I did froze a few moments of Lin Dan (China) giving a jumping smash. Photos are more on Lin Dan as he was one of my idol... Hehe!

This was a great experience to witness a LIVE badminton match. The atmosphere over the stadium was fanatic. I couldn't believe how supportive are all the guests. Drums, trumpets and plastic sticks are all over the stadium supporting and cheering for their players. There were some chaos during the match as some dumb ass threw a bottle to the player. This is really embarrassing!

Anyhow, this experience opens up my eyes @.@ and I'll hope for a second chance to go for X-Treme sports in the future. Hell yea... Chau pplz~

~ a.k.a ICEMAN ~

9 comments:

Gabriel Hon said...

Wow!!! Lin Dan damn chun man

Brendon said...

i was ther too... the cheering sounds so nice

Peter said...

Nice man

ICEMAN said...

Yea. Amazing performance by both teams

Cheng Yee said...

Wut number are u o?

Federick said...

Who are they throwing actually? Live from tv never broadcasted it though

Cheng Yee said...

got ask them sign?

ICEMAN said...

empat belas... whr can sign one, no poster ntg sign my forehead lol

Cheng Yee said...

sign for shirt mah