Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills

A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Day-5 was the best of all "A trip to Colmar Tropicale". Tis trip has been in my mind for quite sometime and it's time to get it right. This great sunny Saturday will be my day to accomplish this mission together with my sis and model of the day "KK". While relaxing up the hill, I benefited this opportunity in using my new lense to capture my first set of portrait pixars. Whee ~~

We registered with the tourism center. Whoa a Mercedes-Benz, yup a Mercedes was arranged to get us there for RM 52 each including the entrance fee and the return tickets. That was a great journey as this was my very first time going to that place. Once we got our butt there, I pop out my camera and attached with the suitable lense. Capturing pictures were begun straight away.
I used 3 different lenses in capturing all the special moments. Since it was early and not much tourists were there at the early morning, I decided to maximize this opportunity in capturing the scenery and the French's architecture before it gets crowded. First using the 18-70mm for capturing the scenery around the area. The range given by this lense enables me to capture amazing scenery from different angles. Cool ~

During the lunch time, I switched to the longer range lense 70-300mm. From the outdoor restaurant, I was able to capture some moments of tourists walking and passing by. Besides, I was so lucky as Astro Hua Hee Tai crew was there capturing their new show which will be broad casted on tv soon.

Lastly, switching to the new 50mm lense. This was my first time capturing human portraits. Thx to model "KK". He was so pro in posing and giving different styles in suitable areas. By borrowing the great sunlight, I'm able to light up my model just as how I wanted to. I'm glad to receive amazing response from the portrait pictures that I'd captured. To be very honest, I'm satisfied with the result of those pics. What makes me frustrated was unable to get the Silhouette effect as we'd gone back around 5pm. Steamzzz...

Back to Colmar Tropicale, my comment of this trip was good if you never been there before. Weather is cool, temperature was warm, and rmr to bring sun oil as u might get burnt by the sun. It was a perfect place for photographers who would like to capture scenery and portrait pictures. For the Japanese village, there was not much excitement. Nature lovers, this would be nice as there was a botanical garden and also the world first Ryozantei Tea House which was located in the center of the nature. Bear in mind that there will be lotsa creatures including bugs and Dracula around the natures. Models are adviced to bring extra attire as the hot weather will make u wet and hot. I would prefer not to return to this place for a second visit. But however, if there are models who would prefer outdoor portraits, I'll reconsider! Hehe. Times up, gotta go frens. See ya! :p


~ a.k.a ICEMAN ~

9 comments:

Jin Man said...

Really nice portraits

ICEMAN said...

Thx ya

Kwan Hong said...

help me take portrait oso

Sams said...

Bad lar u, never invite

Desmond said...

Very good job tony

Anonymous said...

Nice shots

ICEMAN said...

Tq Tq :p

ICEMAN said...

Thx Jin

Anonymous said...

I appreciate, cause I found just what I was looking for. You've ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye
[url=http://buyneopointsz.wordpress.com/]buy neopoints[/url]